- Bone. A gateway geek. I bought the collection with her in mind.
- Kill Bill (Maybe sooner than I should), because it is a woman’s action movie, about women, with reference-heavy nature that will open other doors and discussions.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Movie, Show, whatever), because of the same reasons, but toned down. It’s hard being special, and it’s hard wanting it all, but all “all” really is at the end of the day are the things important to you. As you grow, you’ll recognize those things. Don’t be ashamed of the times you weren’t.
- Judy Blume Books. Hilarious and true. I ate them like candy when everything else I read was a fantasy.
- Speaking of… The Chronicles of Narnia, but NEVER THE PRINCE CASPIAN MOVIE, because WTF. Even though I am a Christian, and the allegorical nature of the piece is interesting and pretty, the WORLD WITH UNICORNS AND TALKING ANIMALS, OMG!
- Less pleasant talking animals, for balance: Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. That was my jam for ever. I read that so many times it’s officially kind of surreal.
- Dr. Seuss. All the Seuss, all the time. Maybe not the super-preachy Lorax.
- Every Fairy Tale we can find, and most of the myths, because… FABLES! Someday, Fables.
- And the Tick. He’s got fewer thing to explain and is funnier than Batman, Captain America, or Superman (someday them, but you have to start somewhere).
- The Muppets. I still LOVE THE MUPPETS, and they teach things, among them counting, spanish, acceptance, and showtunes.
- Star Wars. Learn your country’s epic. It’s important
- Star Trek. Meet Mommy’s dream co-workers and the greatest entertainers out there.
- More Star Trek.
- The Addams Family. Meet Mommy’s first TV family and ideal couple. Also laugh, because hilarious. I hope she’ll be better at snapping her fingers than I am.
- I can’t wait to watch The Graduate and discuss how boys are stupid and Alpha Romeos are fabulous. What ever happened to that car? Did he go back for it? I love that car.
- Daria. Another of my favorite girls.
To Be Continued.
I know that there will be so many hip, new things I won’t be up on. Probably are now. But there is so much good to share. I want to share.